Saturday, September 6, 2008

Announcements for the weekend

Hello all! Our first week together was wildly successful and I thank you for your support to make it happen! This weekend, please remember the Grade Five expectation that students read independently for 20 minutes each night. In the agendas you will see a place for students to record the title and author of the novel they are currently reading. This is important as later in the term (plenty of notice will be given!) we will be doing book reports on the interesting novels that 5Ger's have been reading. Your help in encouraging your child to read is greatly appreciated.

Please return the hot lunch order forms this week. The hot lunch program has been greatly revamped under the careful consideration of Nurse Kelsall, and I think you will be delighted with the nutrition and taste of the orders this year!

Reminder - the pink late slip policy will begin on Monday. I doubt our class will have any trouble with this - I seem to have a full class in their seats by 8:15 each morning! - but I thought I'd remind you either way.

Enjoy the beautiful sunshine this weekend, and I look forward to seeing you on Monday!

No comments: