Thursday, October 2, 2008

Rain gear

As the rains fell today, so too did the faces of 5G students as they realized that they would not be able to enjoy recess with their friends without adequate rain wear.

Please, please, please pack a rain jacket with a hood for sloppy days like today!
Rain boots are also a fun addition to any uniform wardrobe.

There are loads of great things to do in the rain - start up a hopscotch tourney under the covered tarmac, play freeze tag, play on the swings and dodge the raindrops, create a dance routine to The Monster Mash for our upcoming celebrations, make a hackey sack and play keep-it-up -- and I'm sure you all have other great ideas. I occasionally allow students to stay in with me but when an important meeting comes up or I decide I do actually need the 15 beautiful minutes of silence that recess offers, I need the children to be able to be outdoors. I support the decision when an indoor recess is called, of course, but it is a rare occasion. Students need to be prepared to be outside in most weather conditions. So embrace the Vancouver-ite inside of you and get out in that rain!

Thank you!

No comments: